Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baby TK pics

Every time I've looked at someone else's ultrasound pics, I've tried to decipher what I'm looking at, but pretty much thought to myself that they looked like a bunch of white blobs.

Now that I've had my own ultrasound, I gotta say, the pics still look like a bunch of white blobs. The ultrasound itself was pretty awesome. You get to see the baby moving around, sucking its thumb, beating its little heart. But then the tech tries to capture one of these moments on screen, and you end up with a fuzzy photo that requires lots of "you kind of had to be there" explanations. But I've received a few requests to see these pics, so here goes:

The standard ultrasound shot

Here, Baby TK gives us a side view. And see that white blob to the right of its mouth area? That's Baby TK's little hand, going in for some thumb-sucking action.

The Bird's Eye View
This shot is looking straight down at the top of Baby TK's head. To the left, you can see the forehead, left eye, nose and chin. And that might be an ear toward the bottom center area, but I'm not sure.

1 comment:

Michelle O'Hagan said...

Yeah, the ultrasound loses a lot in translation to still photos, but still ... way cool. :-)