Thursday, October 16, 2008

Greatest Chili Ever

Yesterday, Chris and I made the best veggie chili ever. Except, by "Chris and I," I mean, Chris did all the work while I watched, waved around an immersion blender, and ate handfuls of Life cereal in the background.

Anyway, here's the recipe, in Chris' words:

Sautee one white onion and two gloves of garlic and hearty helpings of chili seasoning, cayenne, and emeril mix in a little oil until the onion and garlic soften and the seasoning really smells. Put onion, garlic, and scrape seasoning into crockpot. Add very little water (a tsp) to pan to get up rest of seasoning left in pan and add to crock pot. Add five small cans of drained stewed tomatoes with the mexican spices already in them. Add a big can of drained and washed kidney beans, two big cans of drained and washed chickpeas, and a big ass can of drained and washed black beans. Mix up. Add more chili seasoning, emeril mix, and cayenne to top and put lid on and leave on low for 8 or 9 hours.

Ooh, ooh! Here's the part where I come in:

Next, remove about 3-4 cups of the chili and puree with an immersion blender (which Chris says I use just because I like using the term "immersion blender." I'm not exactly disagreeing with that statement.) Then, put the pureed chili back in the crock pot and stir. Put some in a bowl, melt some cheese on top, and add hot sauce to your likin'. Eat. Repeat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot the part where you put down a good base of freetos in the bowl and then top with more freetos.