Monday, September 20, 2010

Things 74-82: Most boring things ever

I've realized that the only way I'm going to conquer this project is if I have a plan. (Something I should have thought about, oh, four months ago.) And my plan is simple: Attack this project room by room.

This week, I'm starting with the back storage room. If you've been to my house, this is the totally un-level room (OK, one of the totally un-level rooms) leading to the basement stairs. This room, much like our basement dungeon, is the place where random things go to die. As in "Say, what should I do with with totally useless broom head? How 'bout I throw in the back room!"

So when it comes to cleaning out this room, I have Things a-plenty. Unfortunately, those Things are both useless and boring:

From 365 things

  • Starting on the left, we have a back-up mop, for which I can never find the right style of mop head.
  • Then there's the previously mentioned random broom head. I have no idea what happened to the rest of it. 
  • Dust pan, missing its broom. (And yes, I realize I could combine these two Things, but I already have multiple brooms and dustpans, all of which aren't missing other essential parts.)
  • Tap lights. These things eat batteries. 
  • Assorted plastic protector thingys for some shelving we installed a few months ago. I have no idea why I held on to them.
  • Gift bag that held a baby bath set. I don't use the bag anymore, but for some reason, I saved it anyway.
  • Plastic Hurricane glass from New Orleans. This is actually Chris', but I talked him into finally letting it go. 
  • Giant dish rack, no longer needed now that we have a dishwasher. A dishwasher that isn't me. Thank. God.

No comments: