Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My Office = Center of the Universe

I never thought that working for a publishing company that covers IT, HR and learning & development would lead to so many strange connections. But it turns out that people within this company are somehow connected to everyone I've ever known ever. For example:

- Not long after I started here I learned that our designer was pretty good friends with another guy who works across the hall. Turns out the guy across the hall lives with one of my best friends from high school.

- While editing a press release submitted to us a few months back, I noticed that one of our very close family friends was quoted, who helped launch an HR company.

- One of our newest hires, who grew up and went to college in North Carolina, has a bunch of close friends that went to Mizzou, two of which I used to work with at the library depository.

- After learning that I had actually heard of the band Assuck, our webmaster invited me to see the band HeWhoCorrupts on Saturday. The guys in that band are good friends of my ex, Dave. Turns out our webmaster freelances for HeWhoCorrupts, has met Dave and is planning to go see Dave's band, Chicago Thrash Ensemble, on Dec. 2.

We live in a crazy, small, small world folks.

No comments: