Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Homeless

Yeah, so the deal that I totally got my hopes up for has fallen through. I really don't understand the whole situation, but I guess the bank was cool with our offer, but now the seller isn't cooperating because she's bat-shit crazy, and the bank doesn't fully own the property until the entire foreclosure process is complete, which could take months, and ... blah, blah, blah ... auction ... blah, blah. blah ... deficiency judgment .. blah, blah, blah .. some other big words I don't understand.

Translation: It ain't happening.

I'm pretty much done with this whole thing. Right now, I just want to keep renting and forget about buying a house for a year or two or forever. I can't handle getting my hopes up again, only to have everything fall through because the seller is super shady. And judging by the few other people I know in this situation right now, things aren't going to get any better. One of my co-workers successfully sold her condo, which she thought would be the hard part. Except now, she and her hubby are sleeping on their friend's couch because they can't find a place to buy. They've been under contract three times, only to have the deal fall through due to stuff the inspection or attorney review turned up.

Basically, I've come to this conclusion. If you're selling your home right now and I can afford it, you are either a) in foreclosure, b) live in crappy/CTA-less neighborhood, c) haven't fix a thing since the Eisenhower administration, so as a result your property is advertised as "perfect for a tear-down or total gut rehab," or d) all of the above.

And in the end, I want nothing to do with any of you. You can keep your crappy home or the bank can take it or you can slap on some granite countertops and attempt to sell it for a gazillion dollars. I really don't care, 'cause I'm not buying it.

2 comments:

highnumber said...

Um, I sent you a link to a nice house in Logan Square.

Sarah said...

Yes you did. We like it, but it's a little far from the bus/train. I dunno.

Thanks for forwarding it, though, and thanks for adding the spygirls to urkobold. You shall be spared the wrath of nerf. Maybe.