Monday, April 18, 2011

The dog ate my Things (215-222)

Remember Barkley? His was this wonderful, three-legged dog we used to dog sit for Chris' co-worker from time to time. Sadly, Barkley died about three years ago. Not long after, his owners got a new puppy. He was adorable, and playful, and even had four legs. We eventually dog sat him, after moving into the house back in 2008.

Unfortunately, unlike his chill, snuggly predecessor Barkley, this new pup instead ate our house. Our curtains, books, CDs, the remote, our phone, his leash, Rosie's leash, a FlipCam. The list goes on. For some reason, Chris wanted to save the things he ate. I'm not sure why. His owners replaced all the stuff we lost. But I obliged and saved it anyway.

Until this weekend. In my quest to clean out the office closet, I came across the bag full of chewed-up possessions:

From 365 things

We have two hats, a phone, a necklace, a coaster holder, two leashes, and the FlipCam bag.

Now, I will admit that it was kind of cool to go through these again. I mean, just look at the awesome carnage:

Leash one:
I'm amazed by his ability to chew in a straight line.
From 365 things

Leash two:
Retracted for eternity.
From 365 things

I'd love to see Chris wear this on the golf course.
From 365 things

All these Things are now in the trash where they belong. And that's the nice thing about digital cameras. I got rid of the Things, but I can always look back fondly at the time a dog ate our house.

No comments: