Thursday, August 10, 2006

EE Anonymous

I had a bad day yesterday. The kind of bad day that pushes people in drink. Or in my case, pushes people to eat. Turns out, I’m an emotional eater.

I never thought I was one of those people. And to be fair, I didn’t woof down a tub of ice cream to calm my nerves either. However, at the height of my stress-filled day yesterday, I went out and got the tuna salad sub from Jimmie John’s. Scandalous, right? Well actually, for such a healthy-sounding sub, it’s got 500 calories and 19 grams of fat. Compared to what I normally eat for lunch, that’s was pretty bad. Afterward, I felt gross and vowed not to eat dinner.

But you know what I did when I got home? After relaying my craptastic day to Chris (which I’m sure he enjoyed), I sat on my ass, watched “House” and “So You Think You Can Dance?” (greatest show ever) and ate half a Home Run Inn pizza.

Disgusting. And I was doing so well. Last week, I worked out regularly, ate well and finally pushed past the nasty plateau that my weight’s been hanging onto for the past two months. However, with the bachelorette party on Saturday, my poor food choices this week (I also ate an entire bag of butter popcorn for a “snack” on Tuesday), and no time at the gym due to a case of the sniffles, it looks like I’m heading back to plateauland. (118, I hardly knew ye).

But I’ll get back on track. Today I finally feel well enough to go running again, so I’m going to relieve all that stress with a nice, hard run. I love running when I’m stressed out. It just feels so…right.

Plus, I’m eager to get back on the treadmill after watching this video that my brother-in-law sent me. It’s amazing. I suggest you all go watch it…now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! What a fun video! I wonder how many times they fell off practicing that choreography.

cmccown said...

Joy Stone says OMG! I can't wait to drink with your mom next month.

Anonymous said...

Chase, you're a devil!!