Monday, August 21, 2006

I can read

A big "thank you" to Jessi for giving me something to blog about other than the wedding.

1. One book that changed your life.
No More Prisons,” by William Upski Wimsatt. (It's more about senseless fear than the prison system.)

2. One book you have read more than once.
Things Fall Apart,” by Chinua Achebe. (I had to read it twice in college.)

3. One book you would want on a desert island
How to Build Wooden Boats,” by Edwin Monk

4. One book that made you laugh
Have A Nice Day: A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks,” by Mick Foley. (Who put these cookies in my bed?)

5. One book that made you cry
The Time Traveler’s Wife,” by Audrey Niffenegger. (But you already knew that.)

6. One book you wish you had written
The Unbearable Lightness of Being,” by Milan Kundera

7. One book you wish had never been written
Persecution: How Liberals Are Waging War Against Christianity,” by David Limbaugh

8. One book you are currently reading
Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk,” by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain. (My friend Alex bought this for me when I graduated from high school. I'm finally getting around to reading it now.)

9. One book you have been meaning to read
All the President’s Men,” by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. (Yeah, I've owned this one since December. Still haven't read it. What was my major again?)

10. One person I tag.
Dave

2 comments:

Pensive Girl said...

oh, bonnie brennan. make it stop. i think i totally blocked that class from my mind until now. i don't think i actually read any of the books we were supposed to read. oops

Sarah said...

I can't remember who I had for that class .. it was some guy. I must have been one of the lucky ones because it was incredibly easy. This is what we did everyday: Came in, looked at slides, watched movies somewhat dealing with journalism, slept.