Monday, October 16, 2006

Mizzou-blah

Apparently, Mizzou's football team is somewhat decent this year. Because of this, a local Missouri alumni group put together a football viewing party at the Cubby Bear last weekend. Because the husband and I are both Mizzou graduates, and because the Cubby Bear is about two blocks from our apartment, we decided to check it out.

However, as soon as I entered the bar, I immediately remembered why I rarely feel the need to return to those college glory days. It’s because Missouri girls all look like this:



Tall, blonde, thin, perfect. They can wear Mizzou baseball hats and look adorable. When I wear a baseball hat, my ears fold over. Walking into that bar reminded me of all those years in Columbia when I felt like Frodo Baggins among Victoria Secret models.

But that's OK. I happened to be standing next to one of these girls right after she returned from the bathroom. She placed her giant purse on the floor and didn't notice that she let the straps fall open. And prominently placed at the top of her purse was this:



Talk about putting the "Rah, Rah, Rah" in "diarrhea."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have no idea how happy this post makes me. I,too, felt like Ugly Betty while attending Mizzou. It was like a fucking fashion show in J100. And here I thought college would be so great - wearing pajamas to class. Even if they did, they would have a North Face puffy vest and a cute baseball cap. Who bitter? Moi?

Pensive Girl said...

i always wanted a north face vest or fleece or to be that girl whose blond hair perfectly fell from their baseball cap. i look like a boy in a baseball cap.

and now, i'm glad i'm not like that...although in college, i was bitterly jealous of them.

ugh.