Thursday, October 26, 2006

Not-Quite-New-Year’s Resolutions

In the rush of the holiday season and both mine and Chris’ birthdays falling between Christmas and New Year’s, I rarely have time to compose a list of resolutions at the end of the year more comprehensive than “1. Lose weight. 2. Pay off credit card debt.”

So, in this lull between the wedding/honeymoon and the beginning of the holiday season, I thought I’d take some time to put together a meaningful New Year’s Resolution list. And so I have some sort of motivation to actually accomplish these things, I’m posting it here so all of you can kick me in the ass if I don’t.

To Do in 2007:

1. Start freelancing.

2. Keep working out. (Number of times I’ve been to the gym since saying “I Do” – zero.)

3. Eat more vegetables. Except asparagus, because no matter how many different ways Chris prepares it, even served cold in an awesome strawberry salad, asparagus is still gross. Sorry.

4. Speaking of eating, try to go out to some new restaurants other the same two every month.

5. However, don’t blow a bunch of cash on dining out, either. Save money and put it into…

6. A condo fund. Start one so you can buy one someday.

7. Do something musical. Take out your trumpet and join a municipal band, or buy an electronic piano. Music used to be your one constant in life. So don’t forget your roots.

8. Speaking of your roots, try to go to church more often. Yeah, the Protestants might not totally jive with your current lifestyle, but it’s nice to believe in something, even if you don’t agree with everything.

9. Spend more time with the baby.

10. Start baking bread because it makes the husband happy.

11. Be more social. Make new friends but keep the old, and all that.

12. Lose weight.

13. Pay off credit card debt.

4 comments:

cmccown said...

I recall Chris saying that you two were planning a reunion trip to LA. I realize this is counter-productive to the condo fund, but should be a goal nonetheless.

Sarah said...

Done and done. I actually have to go to LA for work in the spring. I'm in the process of figuring out how I can bring the hubby along and then stay some extra days to see you.

I see drunken nights of martinis, margaritas and mexican food in our future.

Anonymous said...

As long as we can get the mexican food from Chase's restaurant on that night when all the Canadians come in...

Melinda said...

I'll see your "be more social," "work out more," and "start freelancing," and raise you a "don't curse at the baby under your breath when she cries."

Also, I have an electric piano that's gathering dust in my basement, if you'd like to borrow it. I took piano lessons for like 3 days, taught myself to play the opening bars of Bon Jovi's "Runaway", and then lost interest. :)