Thursday, December 21, 2006

Her Name is Rosie

As I’ve mentioned many, many times, Chris and I have a beautiful Rottweilier named Rosie. Here is a picture of her, or more accurately, a picture of her gigantic ass:



Anyway, to us, Rosie is more than just a dog. She is our baby. In fact, there have been many times when Chris and I have hypothesized that someday, we will probably like Rosie more than our actual children.

But sometimes, I suspect Chris likes the dog more than me. Why? You see, pre-Rosie, Chris used to make up little songs about me. These were nice little songs about me being pretty or him loving me. But for the past three years, all his songs have been about the dog. Although, it’s not really accurate to say he makes up these songs. Rather, he takes songs that already exist and changes the words. For example, we have:

Her Name is Rosie
This song is based on Suzanne Vega’s “Luka.” It goes like this: Her name is Rosie/ She lives on the third floor/ She sleeps right next me/ Yes I think you’ve heard her snoring before.

Sweet Rose
This is an adaptation of Lou Reed’s “Sweet Jane.” It goes: Jack, he was a banker/ And Rose…. She was a dog/ You can hear Jack say/ Sweet Rose/ Sweet Rose

Stink Puppy
Finally, we have this one, based on “Brass Monkey” by the Beastie Boys. This one’s pretty basic: Stink Puppy/ That stinky puppy/ Stink puppy, puppy/ That stinky puppy

There are others, but you get the idea. Perhaps I should be concerned, but then again, I do enjoy singing along.

1 comment:

cmccown said...

These songs sound eerily similar to the Mena Suvari ballads Lauren and I would compose in college...