Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Self-Portrait Challenge: Red, Red Wine

This month's Self-Portrait Challenge theme is RED. So, I was going to write a little tribute to red vino for this post, but after this little exchange with Chris, I had to change it all:

Chris: What's the theme of this post?

Me: It's Red, so I decided to go with Red, Red Wine.

Chris: (singing) Red red wine, you make my feet so fine...

Me: Wha?? Feet?

Chris: Those are the words, right?...

Me: Nooooo! (laughing hysterically) It's you make me FEEL so fine.

Chris: .....um, please don't put this in your blog.


Sorry honey. But to make you feel better, here's an equally embarassing photo of me:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

While potentially embarrassing, misheard song lyrics are always entertaining. There are websites devoted to such great things.
Nice angle on the photo too.

Deb R said...

I'm totally going to sing that song that way every time I hear it now. :-D

Fun photo!

Anonymous said...

that's too funny.

boho girl said...

this made me crack up out loud. thanks for sharing this...and i love the composition of this shot!

Chad said...

I love it when people sing the wrong lyrics... I do it all too frequently. There is that song... it goes Roam if you want to, roam around the world. Well.... I used th think it said (and I don't know why because it literally made NO sense...) Row mittseewafsu, row around the world.

Yeah, I guess I thought it was about some person named mittseewafsu who had a rowboat...

Anonymous said...

I am the worst about mishearing song lyrics, but I was vindicated recently when a group of friends all claimed that the lyrics to the Four Tops' song were "sugar pie, honey bun" and not "sugar pie, honey bunch," as I correctly stated. So just let Chris know--there is hope for all of us!

Anonymous said...

I love, LOVE this photo!