Thursday, February 08, 2007

Tales from Upstate

Whenever I tell people about the weather in Syracuse, I always mention the first January I lived there and how we got 100 inches of snow that month. Most people mistakingly believe I'm exaggerating.

I used to think 100 inches in one month was insane, until I read this.

And to think I drove a rear-wheel drive pick-up when I lived there. And I drove around A LOT back then because I was a reporter at the time. I'm amazed I never ended up buried in a snow drift, reporter's notebook and felt-tip pen (ball points freeze) in hand, listening to Tony Kornheiser or Terry Gross as I met my eternal rest.

1 comment:

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Hi - I lived in Syracuse during college and no one ever believed my stories about the winter weather there either. Especially the story of the eight foot long icicle that was hanging off my house. One day it fell off and smashed my roommate's car - I was sure to get photographic proof of that one! Can I just say how glad I am that I don't live there anymore?