Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I'm Totally Mexican

Actually, just a quarter. But I've decided that's enough to throw a Cinco de Mayo party.

So here's what I'm thinking. Last weekend, my family suggested I have a Memorial Day party (basically, I'm just looking for an excuse to have people over to our soon-to-be-new apartment). But the problem with Memorial Day parties is that people always have eight places to go that day, and lots of people go out of town. Plus, a party couldn't go very late because everyone has to work the next day.

So instead, I'm thinking I should have a Cinco de Mayo party. For starters, it falls on a Saturday this year. Second, people probably don't already have plans that day. And third? Margaritas.

The only problem is, I have no idea what type of food to make that can serve lots of people. With a BBQ, you can grill two dozen hot dogs and hamburgers, and everyone's happy. But with Mexican food, how do you cook for the masses? I've already decided that I'm going to make cream of poblano soup, which I have been obsessed with lately. But other than that, I'm stumped. Give me some ideas!!!!!

By the way, here's me and Laura on 05/05/05. We're totally Mexican.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Frijoles! What a great picture. Grandma would be proud!

Anonymous said...

I made some mango salsa last week that was super good. You just chop up ripe mango, red onion and cilantro (doing it in the food processor makes a finer, more chip-friendly salsa), then stir in lime juice and a bit of salt. Yummy!

Unknown said...

Hello? Fajitas & 'ritas!

Anonymous said...

We have parties at work catered by a Mexican co-worker's husband. Casserole pans of pulled pork, refried beans, fried bananas, & rice.