Thursday, August 28, 2008

This is getting ridiculous

For the past two nights, I've had a dream about drinking pop. On Tuesday night, I dreamt I was close to exhaustion, and someone gave me a bottle of soda to revive me. I drank it, and then realized I wasn't supposed to.

Last night, I dreamt that some people at work were going on a Slurpee run to 7/11 (this is a common occurance), and I asked them to bring one back for me, expecting to get the cherry variety. Instead, they brought me a cola slurpee, and I had to decide whether or not to drink it. (I did.)

What the hell? When I gave up meat for Lent, I never once dreamt about wolfing down a cheeseburger. During my alcohol-free days, I never had dreams about boozin'.

Is this normal? Have any of you ever given something up, and then dreamt about it incessessantly?

Back in the day, Mountain Dew used to be part of my identity. Like, Stoner and Mountain Dew were often mentioned in the same sentence. I finally gave that up, but replaced it with other forms of carbonated caffeine.

Perhaps this pop addiction is more deep-rooted in my psyche than I originally thought.

No comments: