Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Further proof that I am an adult

As of yesterday, I am now the proud owner of a home with central air, as well as a fancy, new furnace that, unlike our previous one, was actually constructed after the McKinley administration.

Add the A/C and furnace to the new windows we recently had installed throughout our home, and you'll get the next sure sign of our adulthood: a home equity line of credit.

And if those four things weren't enough, we now have a fully assembled baby crib, rocking chair and stroller/car seat combo. We are, undeniably, grown-ups.

Part of becoming an adult must involve turning into your parents. Less than 12 hours after the A/C was installed, I became my father and started scolding Chris for running the A/C too much. Our electricity bill's going to skyrocket. It's nice outside. We don't even need to run the A/C. Just open the windows.

But Chris wanted to play with our new household toy, so I caved. But after the novelty's worn off, I'll put my foot down because it really is too nice outside to run the A/C at night, and our electricity bill really is going to skyrocket.

Politically, I might be pretty liberal, but in MY house, I'm a fiscal conservative, dammit.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We're playing with the new HVAC tonight. I haven't even shown you how we can change the humidity level in the house with the thermostat or how we can check the status of the air filter with the thermostat. I think there's even a function where the thermostat can order us a pizza or make sushi or wiener schnitzel. It's pretty awesome.

Joy said...

Congrats! I'll have cheese & sausage on thin crust please!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kids,

You'll always be my kids. Glad you like the stroller, see you all next Friday evening.

Love you,

MommyMarji