Thursday, August 05, 2010

Separation Anxiety

This afternoon, I fly out to North Carolina for a work trip. I get back tomorrow night. This trip will be the longest amount of time I've been away from Maya.

For the weeks leading up to today, I've actually been looking forward to getting away. The idea that for the first time in 10 months, I know that a crying baby won't wake me up in the middle of the night has sounded like bliss. Add to that the fact that I get to eat an uninterrupted dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow morning, and it was enough to make me downright giddy.

At least, until I said goodbye this morning. I was pretty sad to leave her, and I tried to give a bunch of kisses and hugs, but she was so excited to see her babysitter that she didn't reciprocate. She did, however, manage to spit up on my shoulder. So when I miss her today, at least I have a little something to remember her by.

No comments: