Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Things 151-177

I decided to take a little break from the bookshelf of terror and instead focus on the office closet. This is because as I tried to file some things found on the bookshelf, I realized I could no longer open the office closet door to access the filing cabinet. This is quite a process.

Among the many Things jamming the office closet sliding doors is a plastic tub full of random electronic parts. Mostly wires, actually. In fact, of the 27 Things pictured below, about two dozen of them are Ethernet or telephone wires. Amazing when you consider that between the two of us, Chris and I have owned a grand total of four computers over the years. How we managed to accumulate more than 20 wires to connect those four computers to the the Internet is beyond me.

From 365 things

Also included in these Things are wire splitters, a DSL router and co-ax cables. The tub of electronics also was home to an assortment of power cords. What they supply power to, however, is still a mystery. I'm guessing old cell phones and digital cameras. Until I figure that out, though, I'm going to hold on to them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, S, but this is an unacceptable post for this project. You end the post by saying that you're keeping the things in the bin. Yet you've numbered them as things that you are getting rid of....... :) xoxo

Sarah said...

No, no, no. I got rid of the stuff pictured. But there's other stuff not pictured that I kept. Make sense?