Thursday, September 08, 2011

Things 264-284: High school

First off, I've missed a toilet post, I know. The thing is, I ran into a little problem: I can't find all the photos I took in Europe.

I distinctly remember organizing them all and writing their locations on the back of the photos. I planned ahead. Then, I filed them somewhere. I just have no idea where.

So, one of my projects this weekend is to go through all the negatives from my Europe photos (because, obviously, I still have those), reprint them all, and scan them into my computer.

This is one of the many reasons I need to keep on top of my 365 project. The more I get rid of stuff I don't need, the more likely I'll find the things I actually want to keep.

Anyway, as my last post was on discarding relics from college, I thought it only appropriate to turn my attention to high school:

From 365 things

The high school graduation cap. Not sure what happened to the gown.

From 365 things

From 365 things

Assorted jewelry and jewelry boxes. And no, don't read too much into me getting rid of a pair of Cubs earrings. I just don't wear earrings too much anymore. The Cubs, however, will never be one of my 365 Things.

From 365 things

OK, this was hard. I was in high school during the height of grunge. And these old Chucks were my standby. I wore these shoes almost every day in high school. They were part of my identity.

But you know what? They're old shoes; not a person. I haven't worn them in more than 10 years. They have holes, and the soles are falling out, and honestly? Chucks really aren't that comfortable.

That doesn't mean, of course, that I haven't started eying a new pair.

2 comments:

Herminia said...

you don't have to scan them into your computer!! Just take the negatives and have them put the photos on a CD. The thought of your having to scan images one by one just gave me anxiety... :P

Sarah said...

Oooh, good idea! Shows how long it's been since I actually printed photos.