Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wee WC

As are most things in cosmopolitan cities, living quarters in London are notoriously small and expensive. And my flat in London was no exception. Our apartment was slightly larger than a dorm room and housed three of us.

My bed in particular was in a "loft" space in the room. Because the ceiling height was so high, a loft was created above the rest of the apartment, featuring some beds and a dresser. Unfortunately, this loft was only 4 feet high, meaning I could not stand up while doing important tasks, like walking and getting dressed.

But, I was in London, traveling almost every weekend to another country, and ridiculously happy (save for the heartache I had over Chris, who was so, so far away in Syracuse at law school).

Anyway, as you might expect in a teeny-tiny flat, we had a teeny-tiny bathroom:

Knaresborough Place, London
From Peed to Meet You

The little loo came with some perks, like the ability to pee and brush your teeth at the same time. Or, after a few too many pints at the local pub, you could rest your head on the sink while going to the bathroom.

And in a way, I look back on this bathroom fondly. Not for the size, so much, as for the time in my life: pre-graduation, pre-marriage, pre-parenthood. Days I could piss away as I pleased.

No comments: