Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Self-Portrait as a Pole Dancer



There's this very interesting bar in Wrigleyville with batting cages and dueling pianos on the same floor. Yeah, I don't see the connection either. Anyway, on top of these dueling pianos is a pole next to which many people like to dance. A few months ago, after consuming a few too many 7&7s (about two. I'm a lightweight. I also like to blame all my indiscretions on alcohol), I started to fall asleep in my chair at this bar. However, once I heard the dueling piano players begin the tune "Bohemian Rhapsody," I immediately sprang from my Canadian-whiskey-induced stupor and proceeded to dance on pianos. Everyone else was doing it, I swear.

Anyway, following this evening of pole dancing, Chris decided to tell everyone (including my parents, his parents, his employers, etc.) about my activities. I denied, denied! DENIED! that it ever happened. But alas, my soon-to-be husband captured the event on his camera phone. (Hence, super-low-res photo.)

So there you have my first forway into pole dancing. I'm pretty sure I have a future in this: I hear that sneakers, baggy jeans and green t-shirts are what all the successful pole dancers wear. Get out your dollars, fellas.

4 comments:

Georgia said...

That is fuuuunnnnny!!!! I kinda like the low res look for this though...

Anonymous said...

Aah, you make your mother so proud!

Anonymous said...

That was me...sorry, keep forgetting my name!

Melinda said...

Wow. That's like the Chicago version of _Showgirls_.