Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Summary

To an outsider, my life would sound a lot like this right now: Blah blah blah, editing, blah blah blah, invitations, blah blah blah, interviews, blah blah blah, learning and development programs, blah blah blah bridal shower, blah blah blah human capital management, blah blah blah bachelorette party.

Sounds exciting, doesn’t it?

Actually, I’m enjoying the wedding-planning part. The planning has crossed over from the “so much to do, so little time” phase into the “holy crap, we’re getting married for real” phase. But it’s not scary as much as exciting. I think the crossover came when Chris got his passport in the mail. That sort of solidified that hey, we’re getting married, and guess what? We get to jet off to Europe afterward.

I’m also getting excited about our respective bachelor/ette parties. I keep telling myself that I’m not going to get too wasted at my party because my bridal shower is the next day. But who am I kidding? We all know Sarah can’t hold her booze.

Chris has a ton of his friends coming in town for his party, and I keep thinking that it’s going to be awesome to see all his friends again. And then I remember that it’s a bachelor party, which means I don’t get to go. Well poo.

However, I have decided that the weekend of Chris’s party, I am going to try to schedule my appointment for my dry run of my hair for the wedding, possibly go to a spa for a facial and maybe do a little shopping for my rehearsal dinner dress. And if I have time, I’m going to splurge on some junk food, like Giordano’s or Portillos. Because nothing says blushing bride like greasy cheese and Italian beef.

1 comment:

cmccown said...

I hope Chris doesn't break any arms at his bachelor party.