Thursday, February 26, 2009

9 Links

I'm going to start compiling interesting links I find online everyday, or maybe less often. Mostly, this is so I don't clog up Chris' inbox with interesting articles and pictures of Rottweiler puppies all day. And I went with "9" because it's my favorite number.

Anyway, here's my first go at this:

1. This is Twitter. Yes, Twitter is ridiculous. But everyone from celebrities, to congressmen, to yours truly is addicted.

2. Chicago rules. Speaking of Twitter, Chicago ranks third worldwide as the most tweeted-from city. And it's second in the U.S.

3. Unfortunate Topiary. Not sure how real this is, but it's pretty darn funny.

4. The Daily Plate. This is my new obsession. Up until last week, I tracked everything I ate each day on Bally's nutrition site. But that site suddenly disappeared this week, and a bunch of other weird stuff seems to be going on with Bally's. (They've filed for bankruptcy twice in the past two years, so I dunno.) Anyway, The Daily Plate is my new place to keep a food journal. After using it for two days, I can say that it totally kicks Bally's ass. EVERYTHING is in there. Every Trader Joe's product. Every type of cheese imaginable. Even Oberweis. The only drawback is it doesn't track vitamin intake, like calcium and vitamin C, which I like to track. But whatev. It's free.

5. The Obligatory Cute Dog Picture. I want one.

6. Car Bomb Cupcakes. I've been meaning to surprise Chris with these for weeks, but I haven't had the time, or a few necessary ingredients and tools, to make them. And then I consumed the largest cupcake ever on Tuesday, so the thought of cupcakes now is sort of revolting. Anyway, one of these days, Chris, I'll make you these.

7. Soccer Blog. I once again cheated on this blog with my work blog. It's a little two-game recap of the losingiest soccer team in history.

8. Vintage Cereal. Not sure what I love more: the vintage cereal boxes, or the name of this site. Hilarious.

9. The Godfather Wars. Interesting Vanity Fair article about the making of the Godfather. Apparently, the mob tried to shut it down, Corleone-style.

No comments: