Thursday, February 05, 2009

My 'hood

We sort of live between two neighborhoods. According to the Sun-Times, here's three things they love about:

North Center:

1. Getting a Slinger (hash browns, eggs, two beef patties, onions and anything else you can think of, all topped with chili) at the Diner Grill.

2. The loooooong bar at the Long Room on Irving Park.

3. Anything at Smokin' Woody's with their signature BBQ sauce on it.


Lincoln Square:

1. Keeping your own score when you bowl at Lincoln Square Lanes.

2. Wondering if the location at 42n Latitude really is the absolute 42 degrees north latitude on the map.

3. The $5.50 matinees at the Davis Theater, which has Oscar-worthy movies without all the fuss.

I can only speak to one of these: The Slinger at Diner Grill. In fact, I ate one while wearing this.

I think my reward for each week I go soda free should be a trip to one of these other places. Yay for getting out of the fun house and exploring my sort-of-new neighborhood!

No comments: