Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Pop off, part 2

I'm once again attempting to give up pop. Last time, I only made it two weeks without soda. This time around, I don't think I'm going to give it up cold turkey, but rather, just give it up on weekdays. At least for now.

To cope, I drink seltzer water with fruit juice, because my addiction to pop has more to do with the bubbles than anything else. So far, I haven't had any dreams about accidentally drinking pop, so maybe I've worked out whatever pop-identity issues I had.

I'm also cutting back on caffeine. So far this week, I've only had one cup of coffee each morning. Eventually, I'd like to totally kick the habit. I'm going to do this one-cup-a-day thing for about two weeks, then try to switch to decaf and see if I feel a difference.

This cutting back mostly has to do with the fact that I don't like being addicted to things. And because I like testing my willpower for no reason. (See Lent 2008.)

Or maybe this is just my way of justifying the fact that I haven't been to the gym in months. See, giving up pop means I'm being healthy, so I don't need to work out, right? Too bad my jeans are still too tight.

1 comment:

Hoffa said...

I haven't ridden my bike in like two months, which sucks, but it's been too icy out. You'll work off that 1,000 lbs of blubber in no time, I bet.

Chicago Thrash Ensemble on Friday!!! I know Chris is a HUGE metalhead, so this will be one not to miss for him.