Friday, March 24, 2006

The long way up

Yesterday at work our power went out. The outage only lasted about 30 seconds, but for some reason that short outage resulted in the elevators and toilets not working for the rest of the day. I work on the 35th floor.

Unfortunately, I didn’t bring a lunch yesterday because Chris and I planned on meeting for lunch. So at noon I walked down 35 flights of stairs to meet Chris for lunch and then climbed back up those 35 flights afterward. It took me about 10 minutes to get from the ground floor back to my desk, and when I did I was all sweaty and gross. Today, my calves and thighs are sore.

I think I’m going to start taking the stairs everyday.

1 comment:

Strong Enough said...

35 flights!?!?! Wow, I get winded after only 4. That would be a GREAT workout.