Friday, March 10, 2006

Trip down memory lane

10 years ago...

How old were you?: 16
What Grade were you in?: Sophomore in high school
Where did you go to school: Naperville Central
Where did you work?: I’m not sure if I had a job yet. I started bagging groceries at Jewel when I was 16, I believe
Where did you hang out?: Probably the Riverwalk in downtown Naperville. Yeah, I was a river rat.
What was your hair style?: Long, curly
Did you wear braces?: nope
Did you wear glasses?: nope, contacts though
Who was your best friend?: Alex, Christy, Diane
Who was your boyfriend/girlfriend?: Well, I started dating Brain when I was 16, but technically in March of 1996, I don’t think I had a boyfriend
Who was your celebrity crush?: Anthony Kiedis of the Chili Peppers…soooo hot….
Who was your regular-person crush?: There was this guy in my Spanish class I thought was really cute. He’d be wearing his KMFDM shirt, and I’d be wearing my Ministry shirt, and we’d check each other out, but I could never muster up the courage to talk to him. I don’t remember his name
How many piercings did you have? two
How many tattoos did you have? none
What was your favorite band?: Probably Nine Inch Nails, RHCP, Indigo Girls, They Might be Giants
What was your biggest fear? My parents
Had you smoked a cigarette yet?: yeah, but not consistently
Had you gotten drunk or high yet?: yep
Had you driven yet? yep
Had you had sex yet? nope

5 YEARS AGO -->

How old were you?: 21 (damn I’m old!)
What Grade were you in?: Junior in college
Where did you go to school: University of Missouri-Columbia
Where did you work?: I think the book depository, MU Student News
Where did you live?: 603 S. 5th St
Where did you hang out?: Heidelberg, Shakespeare’s, Country Kitchen, my apartment … A LOT
What was your hair style?: awful. Probably about chin length, three different colors.
Did you wear braces?: nope
Did you wear glasses?: yep, thick-rimmed black ones
Who was your best friend?: Chase
Who was your boyfriend/girlfriend?: Karl
Who was your celebrity crush?: Wes Bentley, Jimmy Kimmel
Who was your regular-person crush?: I don’t remember. Probably no one.
How many piercings did you have? Two or three. I have a second piercing in my left ear, but I think it may have closed up by then.
How many tattoos did you have? none
What was your favorite band?: The Pixies, Screeching Weasel, Indigo Girls, Mr. T. Experience, Voodoo Glow Skulls
What was your biggest fear? Probably that my life would always be like it was then. I was so unhappy at that point in my life.
Had you smoked a cigarette yet?: yep
Had you gotten drunk or high yet?: regularly
Had you driven yet? yep
Had you had sex yet? yep

LAST YEAR -->

How old were you?: 25
What Grade were you in?: n/a
Where did you go to school: I didn’t, but I frequented Syracuse University a lot
Where did you work?: Eagle Newspapers
Where did you live? Syracuse, NY in the Eastwood neighborhood
Where did you hang out?: Coleman’s, Awful Al’s, Chadwicks, Faegan’s, lots of bars with Irish names
What was your hair style?: long, curly. However, I chopped my hair to chin length March or April of last year in LA.
Did you wear braces?: nope
Did you wear glasses?: contacts mostly
Who was your best friend?: Chris, Rosie (yes, my dog. I’m a loser.)
Who was your boyfriend/girlfriend?: Chris
Who was your celebrity crush?: Probably Luke from Gilmore Girls. I was obsessed with that show a year ago.
Who was your regular-person crush?: no one
How many piercings did you have? Four, however, the aforementioned one in my ear had already closed up, and my nose ring was already long gone.
How many tattoos did you have? none
What was your favorite band?: Ryan Adams, The Pixies, Indigo Girls (I sense a pattern here), Bob Dylan
What was your biggest fear? Chris not finding a job
Had you smoked a cigarette yet?: yep
Had you gotten drunk or high yet?: regularly
Had you driven yet? yep
Had you had sex yet? yep

THIS YEAR -->

How old are you?: 26
Where do you go to school: no where
Where do you work?: Mediatec Publishing
Where do you live? Chicago in Boys Town
Where do you hang out?: Joe’s on Broadway, O’Hagans, my apartment .. A LOT
What is your hair style?: in between shoulder and chin length, curly sort of
Do you wear braces?: no
Do you wear glasses?: sometimes
Who is your best friend?: Chris
Who is your boyfriend/girlfriend?: Chris
Who is your celebrity crush?: I don’t really have one
Who is your regular-person crush?: no one. Crushes are for losers!
How many piercings do you have? Four, two closed up
How many tattoos do you have? none
What is your favorite band?: I don’t know, lots. The Pat Smillie Band because they’re playing my wedding! They rock.
What is your biggest fear? Getting caught doing this at work

1 comment:

cmccown said...

Awww, best friends! I'M THE MARY.