Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Boys of DG

This is Kevin.

And this is Seth.

I used to work with these two jokers in Downers Grove. Earlier this week, I got an e-mail from Kevin complaining I haven’t mentioned him and Seth in my blog yet. Something tells me right now, Kevin’s wishing he hadn’t done that.

Anyway, I was trying to think of a humorous story about the three of us involving crazy shenanigans and wacky high jinks. But I couldn’t think of anything, probably because we’re not the shenanigans/high-jinks types. So instead, here are 10 things about Kevin and Seth that you may or may not know and that may or may not be true:

1. Kevin has been accused of ruining a person’s life on more than one occasion.

2. Seth’s doctor prescribed him a product called Body Mint for his extreme flatulence.

3. When not at work scooping the competition on the latest DuPage County scandal, Kevin and Seth like to go shopping together and buy matching outfits.

4. Kevin and Seth are both laughing right now because I suggested they have “competition.”

5. Kevin once had a 90-year-old lady call him and promise to give him the scoop on a story provided he come over to her apartment so she could tell it in person. Everyone in the newsroom warned Kevin not to go because we thought she was trying to lure him over to be her personal sex slave.

6. We were right.

7. Seth once helped me get out of a burning building. Once safely outside, we walked down the street and got free beer from a man named Big Tuna.

8. I am the reason Kevin doesn’t drink.

9. Kevin is the reason Seth does.

10. If Kevin and Seth were to get in a fight, I’d bet that by the end of it they’d either a) resort to hair pulling or b) kiss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe,

Anonymous said...

That Seth--what a looker...trendy sweater, dimpled cheeks, hearty smile, gregarious demeanor...note the way the sunlight strikes his chestnut hair igniting appropriately sized patches of it with the brilliance of...goldenrod...absolutely breathtaking...