Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mayo on the Mind

I'm already planning our Cinco de Mayo party this year. Never mind that it's the middle of January and forecasted to drop into the single digits this weekend. I can't help it — I love to plan things.

Adding to my planning delight is this piece of equipment I found at Sur La Table recently:


Not only does it hold ice and bottled beverages, but you can also fill it with mixed beverages to dispense through the tap on the side. Beverages like margaritas, which this year, will be made about a quarter strength compared to last year's. (We made the mistake of making authentic margaritas based on a recipe from Rick Bayless. Essentially, the 'ritas were 2 parts tequila, 1 part Cointreau, and a splash of lime juice. People got wasted. People got wasted before we even served dinner. People ended up puking in our bathroom, sink and kitchen. Someone, who shall remain nameless, even ended up sleeping on the dining room floor. That was fun and all, but this year, we're going to tone it down a bit.)

Anyway, I've decided that this piece of equipment is so totally necessary, except that it costs $350. Sigh. If we weren't going to Aruba in February, Arizona in March, and possible Italy in November, I'd probably buy the sucker and just pay it off over a few months. But being a grown up, I have to stop spending money on such frivolous objects.

Being an adult blows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh. I thought this was going to be about mayonnaise.