Friday, January 04, 2008

Slightly-after-New-Year's Resolutions

Most of my resolutions last year were too lofty, and many were difficult to quantify. And if I’ve learned anything from the past two years of corporate publishing, it’s that you can’t manage what you can’t measure. Yay metrics.

Anyway, this year I decided to make my resolutions a little more realistic and specific. So here goes:

1. Lose 10 pounds. Lose 5 of those 10 by Feb. 15 (I’m heading to Aruba for a wedding the following week.)

2. Drink at least 64 oz. of water a day. (I've already started working on this one. It has increased my bathroom usage by 33%)

3. Run a 5k in less than 30 minutes.

4. Run at least 500 miles total this year.

5. Reduce emails in inbox to less than 250.

6. Email or call at least one friend or family member other than Chris each day. (I’m horrible at keeping in touch with people.)

7. Floss daily.

8. Read at least 15 books I haven’t read before. (Cookbooks don’t count).

9. Pay off credit card debt.

10. Buy a house.

No comments: