Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Official News

I've been careful not to jinx myself on this latest development, but I think it's finally safe to say:

We're buying a house.

And...

We're not moving.

A few weeks ago, we got into talks with our landlord to buy our house, a two-flat in Logan Square. After lots of back and forth and negotiations, it looks like we've reached an agreement. We probably won't close until the end of the summer, but it's still super exciting. Because it's a two-flat, we'll continue living on the first floor, and rent out the top floor for a few years. Eventually we'll either buy a single-family and continue renting out the house, or we'll turn the two-flat into a single family.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. We still have to go through the whole inspection, closing, signing-our-life-away process. So, I really shouldn't start mentally planning out how a new fence and siding would look, and how I'd decorate the second floor someday. Or how I want to install built-in shelves into our future office. Or how I want the staircase to look. Because pre-planning all that stuff at this point would be silly, which is why I haven't totally planned out which walls I'm going to repaint and where a new area rug might look nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats! I'll help you pick out paint colors.