Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday

For my final SPT All of Me challenge I thought I’d share a few unsightly photos, all of which my sister, Laura, took. Laura has the unique ability to take the worst possible photos of me. A few examples:

Exhibit A: Save big money at Menards



In this photo Laura has managed to make me look heftier than her pregnant friend. Because we were both looking directly into the sun for this shoot, we have squinty grins. This smile is what my dad and I call the “Menards” face. If you’ve ever seen a commercial for the Midwestern lumber store Menards with the white haired old dude saying “Men-aaaardds!” you’ll know what I mean.

Exhibit B: Hey you guys!



While taking in a White Sox-Red Sox game at Fenway last summer, Laura managed to nab this shot. I don’t remember what she said to prompt me to turn around and make this face. I can only guess it was something to the effect of, “Do your best Sloth impression from Goonies.”

Exhibit C: Huh?



Okay, I’m partially to blame for this shot. For some reason Eric (my brother in law) and I decided to put napkin rings on our ears at Christmas dinner. And then we decided to tilt our heads to the side in a confused manner for this shot. Laura’s really not to blame for this pic, but capturing my double chin is highly suspicious.

So how does this fit into the “All of Me” theme? Well, as much as I dislike these photos, they’re ones I’ll keep forever because they capture my personality. I’m a weird girl. I make strange faces, even when I’m not trying. And when I’m around my sister, well, that goofiness just multiplies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You really look great.