Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Self-Portrait Tuesday: Silly Renters

Not long after Chris and I moved into our apartment in Chicago, we were unsure about what to do with one, giant white wall. So one day, using a broomstick as straight edge and nickels for circles, we sketched out the CTA “L” system on our wall. Then we forgot about it for five months.

Finally last weekend, we got around to painting the thing. And it’s big. Really, really big. It’s going to be super fun trying to repaint the wall white a year from now when we move out. But hey, you’re only young once. Someday we’ll have a real house and such a thing will be considered “immature.” But today, we have the freaking CTA on our wall.

Chris works on the Green Line.

I tackle the Orange Line.

Rosie finds the whole process tiring.

Did I mention it’s big? O’Hare flies onto the ceiling.

Chris and Rosie relax the next day.

You are here. Now you know where I live. Sort of.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooh, can we come over and draw where we live?

Anonymous said...

I was liking the idea until I saw the Cubs logo (j/k)

Sarah said...

We put the Sox logo on there as well. We also put little cutouts from our business cards on there where we work, and a little bride and groom where we're getting married. Aren't we cute?!

Kevin! Where have you and Seth been lately?

Holly, you guys should come by this weekend and add to the wall.

cmccown said...

Holy shit that's awesome. I can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

The Sox are the official team of dumpster divers everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Sarah! Sweet wall design! Sorry I have been incommunicado! You know I don't speak Spanish!

Anonymous said...

i'm dually impressed: a) such straight lines from a broom! and b) it's so big!

the "L" system, i mean.