Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Helsinki Calling

Ever been having a perfectly normal conversation with your parents about Craigslist, when suddenly your dad mentions that, oh by the way, they're thinking about moving for Scandinavia for a few years? Because I have.

Turns out my dad might have the option of transferring to Europe for a couple years. However, most of the opportunities through his company are in places like Finland and Norway. If they decide to go, which could be as early as January, Chris and I would move to my parents' house in the burbs until they get back. And my childhood home, with its giant kitchen, fenced-in backyard and multiple bathrooms, would solve our housing woes for a few years.

But still, Scandinavia?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They should have a baby while they're there. Excellent maternal benefits.

And dude, we'd be at the house every day, hanging out.

cmccown said...

Joy, don't go! But if you do...I'm moving to Chicago and living in the basement. Hell, either way I'm moving into the basement.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

OK, what comment was so bad it had to be deleted?

Anonymous said...

If I have to move to Helsinki, will you all live in my basement?

Sarah said...

It's a four-bedroom home. You don't have to live in the basement. Not that I blame you though. That's where all the movies and the giant TV and the awesome leather couch are.