Friday, June 30, 2006

It all comes down to the shoes, pt. 2

Remember how I said new shoes would make my life better? How they would affect my outward appearance, help me get ahead in life and magically get me a promotion? That was a joke. Shoes don’t have those kinds of magical powers. However…

I just got a promotion. I’m now the managing editor at my company.

It’s possible that this promotion was the result of good fortune. Or a few lucky occurrences. Or some old-fashioned hard work. But I’m going with the magic shoes. New shoes, I will never doubt your powers again.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Congratulations -- that's awesome! Hope you're celebrating right now (yes, it is Sunday morning -- what?) with one of those 7&7 things the youngsters are all drinking these days... :)

Melinda said...

Dude, I'm IN for the "So You Think You Can Dance" parties...except for the fact that I work Wednesday nights. But Tivo that shit and serve it up with the results show on Thurs? And I'm there.

Pensive Girl said...

congrats!!!!!
i totally would credit the shoes, too and not your awesome talent or the skills that one of the BEST journalism school in the WORLD sharpened :)

anyway, go shoes!
go, you!
way to go in general.

Sarah said...

Thanks guys!

Melinda- if only I had Tivo. Or any recording device. Dude, I don't even have cable. Argh.

Jessi- You know, I was not a fan of the j-school when I was there. But now I must admit that it did totally prepare me for real-world journalism. It did NOT, however, help me find any cute shoes. I think I wore the same pair of Vans all throughout college.