Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Some random observations from the past few days

After spending two weeks house/dog sitting and eating nothing but junk food, I gained three pounds. Shocking.

I did the cycling portion of a triathalon relay with my mom on Sunday in the pouring rain. I got soaked. In fact, two days later, my shoes are still not dry. Anyone know how to dry out gym shoes? Anyway, I did 14 miles in 53 minutes. You'd think that in a torrential downpour, I would have cycled a little faster than that. Oh well.

After the triathalon and a bridal shower that afternoon, I went to Dave's Sunday night to watch a professional wrestling pay-per-view. (Never thought I'd type "triathalon" "bridal shower" and "professional wrestling" in one sentence). It's been a few years since I've watched pro wrestling, and now I'm bummed that I've missed so much. How could I have forgotten about the drama? The amazing costumes? The baseball bats wrapped in barbed wire?

The Cubs lost as predicted last night. But on the bright side, I got to hang out with my buddy Candace, who I haven't seen in almost a year. Here's a little bit of Sarah history: I met Candace while working at Super Crown Books, where I also met Dave, and I got the job there through my friend Kyle, who is now married to HollyRhea. Got that?

I just saw Brett Favre at the mall. He was there promoting Sensodyne. I was surprised to notice that he has really tan legs, but in an orange-Oompa-Loompa-Jessica-Simpson-fake-tan sort of way. I was also surprised to notice that he's kind of a small guy. It sort of made me feel bad for the way he got crushed by the Bears defense last year, but then I realized that this guy uses fake tanner, so he totally deserved it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

put your gym shoes in front of the vent on the fridge. Then come to our house.