Thursday, May 25, 2006

Back outside

After a few unseasonably chilly weeks this month, I finally got to run outside again a few days ago.

When I run outside, as opposed to on a treadmill, I have trouble accurately gauging how long I've been out running, how far I've gone and how fast I'm going. But there are some definite advantages to running outside.

For one, instead of having to watch close-captioned "Everyone Loves Raymond" at the gym, I get to look at the lakefront and the skyline.

Also, I run outside after I get home from work and walk Roise. So, unlike the gym, I don't have to cut my runs short to get home and relieve the dog.

And most importantly, unlike the gym, if I should happen to toot while running outside, I can quickly leave the scene of the crime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nobody says "toot". But everyone does it.