Thursday, May 18, 2006

foodgasm

Oh man. I finally got around to making our appointment with our baker for our wedding cake. The cake is included in our reception package. However, they actually outsource the cake to a shop called House of Fine Chocolates, which, lucky for us, is only a couple blocks away from our apartment. We've sampled their creations before, and let me tell you, it's good.

Today, I took a little stroll through their Web site, and...Oh.My.God....you'll just have to see for yourself:










Obviously, you can see I've decided to go with chocolate topped with more chocolate. None of that innocence and wholesomeness white buttercream. Hell no. I want sinfully delicious, insanely rich, should-be-illegal dark chocolate.

And that last cake...that's a skyline. Amazing. (I thought it was the Chicago skyline at first, but now I'm thinking it's not.)

So...hungry...

See more cake designs here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very relieved to see that I will be wearing a dress that matches the cake. Because I plan on making a mess outa that cake...

mmmm.

I'm more excited about your wedding than I was about my OWN.

Sarah said...

Yeah, but you got TWO receptions. Although you couldn't drink at either of them.

Did I mention there will be an open bar at my wedding?

Really, I think being a bridesmaid is way more fun than being a bride. I'm not going to be able to go too nuts because everyone I know will be there, and I really don't want to puke on my dress.

Melinda said...

Oh man. You can't show that stuff to a pregnant lady.

Also, your previous post on the Violent Femmes concert? I am so there with you. There's nothing worse than a crowd of alterna-teens getting all up in your business when you just want to see a show.